15 DIY Gifts Anyone Would Love
I love making handmade gifts. They seem to project thoughtfulness a little more than a store bought something or other. I even opened a store full of mostly handmade items to share my creations with others. When I had kids and found they enjoyed crafting just as much as me, my heart became even fuller. We started making it a tradition to make handmade Christmas presents for our friends and family.
I wanted to share a few of our favorites. I have compiled a short list in case you wanted to try some. Enjoy!
- Do you have family members who love to hunt or know someone who could use a warm up while waiting at the bus stop? Try these handmade handwarmers by Rae Ann Kelly
- Mix up a batch of Peppermint Milk Bath from Tidy Mom to pamper someone special.
- Download the cut files for these funny mugs from Happiness is Homemade for a handmade gift your Mom’s friends would be sure to love.
- Fill a pair of cozy slippers with goodies, such as nail polish, candy, or lip balm.
- For a hostess who loves to cook, say thank you with a kitchen apron monogrammed with iron-on transfer letters. In keeping with the culinary theme, include some wooden utensils and a blank recipe book. You can personalize the book’s cover with a sticker printed with a customized stamp.
- Take a plain pillow from ho-hum to ho-ho-ho by simply wrapping it like a present. (Yes, it’s that simple.) Add a sprig of greenery or a festive ornament for an extra bit of flourish.
- Rudolph Hot Cocoa Mix– Add a cocoa mug and you have a cute little kiddo gift! Tutorial at Mommy Musings
- Sugar Cookie Sack- Add a mixing bowl, a wisk, a few Cookie cutters and you have a cute little gift basket! Get the Tutorial at Celebrate Creativity
- Bath Bombs- they’re also easy to customize based on what scent and color you think they’ll like best.- Tutorial at Inspired by Charm.
Fleece Blanket- With all the cold weather- this one will be loved by all- Get the tutorial at It’s always Autumn.
- Peppermint Oreo Truffles-Peppermint + chocolate is forever our favorite holiday flavor combo. Get the recipe from Delish.
- Gingerbread Fudge- Get the recipe from Delish.
- Pine Tree Christmas Candle- Get the Tutorial at Sugar and Charm.
- Today’s Creative Life shows you how to make whipped body butter for a quick and easy handmade Christmas gift.
- Print out the 12 daytz of Christmas for an fun DIY gift for your husband or boyfriend that you guys can enjoy all year long! From Somewhat Simple.